Commercial/Industrial Lumber & Timber
Lending 158-years of commercial LBM supply, estimating, and service experience to the largest projects in our marketplace, NORTHERN OHIO LUMBER & TIMBER is a trusted resource known for sophisticated construction expertise, and competitive pricing.
NORTHERN OHIO LUMBER & TIMBER carries a large and extensive line of wholesale, commercial grade DIMENSIONAL LUMBER PRODUCTS, building materials, heavy structural timber, hardwood shoring timber, and our sawmill custom-fabricates industrial wood products for manufacturers.
Our veteran team can handle project take-offs and offer value engineering solutions for projects of any scale. NORTHERN OHIO LUMBER & TIMBER has provided estimating services and commercial grade LBM products for thousands of buildings and structures throughout Ohio.
- Dimensional Lumber – Construction Grades
- Plywood and Sheathing
- Sawmill Fabricated Heavy Structural Timber
- Thermally Modified Timber (TMT) – Lumber & Decking (FOR MORE ABOUT TMT CLICK HERE)
- Hardwood Shoring/Lagging Timbers
- Industrial Wood Products
- Custom Cabinetry
- Windows & Doors
- Major Project Commercial Estimating
Ask us for anything not listed – custom sizes too. Front Counter and Inside Sales Team members take pride in project solutions and Contractor service. NORTHERN OHIO is an LBM supplier and a Sawmill.
Ask us. We have seen it before. WE CAN HELP.
Plywood & Sheathing
Thermally Modified Timber
Hardwood Shoring Timber
Industrial Wood Fixtures
Windows & Doors
Dimensional Lumber – Construction Grades
Quality is best in class. And importantly, we are sawmill professionals with a depth of knowledge not typically found in most traditional lumberyards.
- DIMENSIONAL LUMBER & HEAVY TIMBER – all sizes
- Spruce/Pine/Fir, SPF #2 in common dimensions up to 20’
- PRESSURE-TREATED Lumber 2×4 up to 2×12 & Timbers 4×4 to 8×8, all lengths up to 16’
- SYP #1 & #2, KD Doug Fir #2, 2×10 and 2×12 in 8’-20’ lengths
- Engineered Lumber (LVL’s, Mass Timber Products)
- Hem fir and Doug fir, long length #2 material 22’ through 32’ in all dimensions
- FIRE-TREATED Lumber 2×4 up to 2×12, all sizes, all lengths up to 20’
Plywood and Sheathing
We offer a complete and diversified Line of 4×8 Panel Products.
- Plywood (¼, ½, 5/8, ¾, Birch, Poplar and other Hardwoods available)
- OSB – T&G High Performance Sub-Floor
- Pressure-Treated and Fire-Rated Plywood/Sheathing
- 4×9 and 4×10 panels also available
Heavy Structural Timber
NORTHERN OHIO’s heavy timber sawmill fabricates structural solid timbers for thousands of construction projects. Our timbers can be found throughout our marketplace.
Timber orders are prepped per Architect, Contractor, or Retail Lumberyard specs in a variety of species.
- Douglas Fir, Cedar, EWP & all solid Ohio Hardwoods
- Standard Sizes: Up to 45 ft in length: 6X8, 8X10, 4X12, 6X12, 8X12, 10X12, 12X12, 12X14, 12X16
NORTHERN OHIO’s Sawmill is known for our capabilities in specific timber sizing and are a go-to timber fabricator. Custom sizes, in ½” increments, are a unique capability at NORTHERN OHIO LUMBER & TIMBER. Contact us to discuss specialty sizes and needs.
Choose from a variety of materials, colors and sizes for any decking needs.
- Pressure-treated 5/4 decking all lengths up to 16’
- Composite 5/4 decking all lengths up to 20’ (square edge and grooved edge for hidden clip systems)
- Ipe, Cumaru, and North American Thermal species 5/4 decking, mixed lengths, sold by LF or SF
- Composite 1×4 T&G porch floor decking
Ask us for anything not listed.
Thermally Modified Timber (TMT) – Lumber & Decking
Thermal Lumber & Decking is made from renewable and sustainably harvested thermally modified North American species featuring:
- Exterior Class-1 Durability rating of 25+ years.
- Thermal ASH in 1×4, 1×6, 5/4×4 decking, 5/4×6 decking (square edge and grooved edge for hidden clip systems)
- Thermal RED OAK in 1×4, 1×6, 5/4×4 decking, 5/4×6 decking (square edge and grooved edge for hidden clip systems)
- Thermal SPRUCE in 1×4, 1×6, 1×8, 5/4×4 decking, 5/4×6 decking (square edge and grooved edge for hidden clip systems)
- Thermal CLEAR PINE in 1×4, 1×6, 1×8
- Thermal KNOTTY PINE in 1×4, 1×6, 1×8
Hardwood Infrastructure Shoring/Lagging Timbers – Sound, Straight Edge Hardwoods
90% sound-straight edge lagging grade, dunnage grade and shoring grade solid hardwood timbers in oak and mixed species:
All sizes up to Truckload quantities, including:
- 3x4x 8’-16’
- 4x4x 8’-16’
- 4x6x 8’-16’
- 4x8x 8’-16’
- 6x8x 8’-16’
- 8x10x 8’-16’
- 10x12x 8’-16’
- 12x12x 8-16’
Select and higher grades, also available
Specialty Small-Sizes also available up to Truckload quantities
Industrial Special-Use Wood Products – Custom Fabricated by our Cleveland Sawmill
NORTHERN OHIO’s sawmill is a major partner with the Ohio industrial, manufacturing and agri-business community producing truckload quantities of custom-fabricated heavy timber, lumber and hardwood special-use industrial fixtures:
- Timber Steel Coil Saddle Units for Rolled Stock Storage & Shipping
- Custom Sized Specialty Cuts for Maintenance
- Custom Sized Specialty Cuts for Crating/Shipping
Ask us to review specs and plans for your architectural millwork requirements. We are likely to suggest cost savings, material options and milling processes that will save time and budgets.
Whether specifying millwork for 20 floors of an office-to-residence conversion, a critical care facility, or a residence, NORTHERN OHIO LUMBER & TIMBER has the estimating and specification expertise to offer selections based on many factors: appearance, durability, price, and ease of installation. We partner with quality manufacturers like Metrie, Empire, and Boise Cascade to offer a broad selection of millwork and moldings.
- Solid wood
- Finger-joint wood
In addition, we are able to produce custom moldings based on Client requests.
All Cabinets are not equal. Knowledge of installation/application is critical.
NORTHERN OHIO LUMBER & TIMBER has been supervising and specifying commercial and residential cabinetry fabrication for over 100 years. With knowledge of blueprints, construction environments, cabinetry styles, assembly, and fabrication differences, we monitor and track custom cabinetry projects though the production and installation process and keep schedules on track.
We carry all the top Cabinetry brands:
- Diamond Vibe
- Kitchen Kompact
- Contractors Choice
NOTE: Cheap cabinets are easy to find – but they become a hazardous purchase as they come with increased costs for installation and durability
We know the difference. Ask us. We WILL have a professional opinion.
Windows & Doors
NORTHERN OHIO LUMBER & TIMBER is always busy helping to carry out SPECS in this area simply because purchasing errors on DOORS & WINDOWS can be costly. There is no substitute for veteran, professional construction experience.
We can help. Since 1922 we have been providing SPECIALTY WINDOW and DOOR specs and sourcing for projects such as offices, industrial facilities, mixed use/retail establishments, multi-family complexes, institutions, and single residences.
We offer window options from premium manufacturers such as Crystal Windows, Weather Shield Windows, Alliance Window Systems and Sunrise Windows.
Options include VINYL, ALUMINUM, and WOOD windows from best-in-class manufacturers.
We supply INTERIOR and EXTERIOR wood, FIBERGLASS/COMPOSITE, MDF and STEEL doors from best-in-class manufacturers.
WOOD door options include many species including birch, mahogany, and knotty alder. FIBERGLASS/COMPOSITE and MDF doors are paintable and stainable.
We have been providing professional building solutions for 10 decades.
Ask us for anything not listed.
NORTHERN OHIO is an LBM supplier and a Sawmill. We can handle it – custom sizes too.
Major Project Commercial Estimating
We are a veteran resource in estimating and take-offs. Professional Builders ask us for help because we have seen it – over 100 years of sophisticated commercial construction experience earned on thousands of projects in our marketplace. We review detailed plans and specs, and add value by uncovering and optimizing value engineering opportunities. That means smart purchasing. Project Managers avoid purchasing errors and stay on budget with timelines and profits preserved.
Do not forget, we are a commercial/industrial lumber company AND a sawmill. If you need LMB/Sheathing/PTD/Timbers materials prepped for immediate installation? Can do. We can also prep lumber and project-material packages to Contractor, Architect and Designer specs.