NORTHERN OHIO LUMBER & TIMBER™, founded on the Cuyahoga River in 1864, is one of Cleveland’s oldest companies. The Company was originally one of three Cleveland sawmills, one which dates to 1805, that consolidated into NORTHERN OHIO.
We are a “Cleveland Heritage Company”, and the oldest Lumberyard in the State of Ohio. Still located in the historic Flats of Cleveland, NORTHERN OHIO has been continuously supplying commercial building products and custom heavy timbers to NE Ohio for over 150 years. Many years of NORTHERN OHIO’s company records archived at the Western Reserve Historical Society Museum. Our building materials and timbers are found in structures throughout NE Ohio including Tower City Center, all Cleveland Sports Stadiums, the new Cleveland MetroPark’s Edgewater Beach House, and thousands of other regional warehouses, office buildings and industrial structures.